Marketing/Membership Service Assistant
Salary: Salary up to £12.55 per hour
Apply before: Thursday, 18 July 2019
We offer great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work! We are currently looking for Full Part time Marketing/ Membership Service Assistants to join our new warehouse in Stevenage. In return, we can offer competitive rates of pay between £8.50- £12.55 per hour, personal and career growth, a friendly and supportive work environment and great benefits including life insurance, optical and dental benefit, pension plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
We are a multi-billion dollar global membership warehouse club, with warehouses in twelve countries. We are the recognised leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Most employees begin their careers in the warehouse setting, becoming experts in merchandising and operations.
Description of Position
Marketing/ Membership Service Assistants will be required to Process member sign ups, renewals and added cards. Instruct members and potential members about membership, warehouse and credit programs. Assist members regarding item availability. Issue replacement and temporary cards, keys credit applications and provide a high level of member service.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Welcomes and communicates with members and potential members, in person, by phone or by mail. Answers questions, resolves problems and explains membership, warehouse and credit programs. Reviews membership, warehouse and credit programs to keep knowledge up to date.
- Provides and arranges for prompt and courteous member service. Answers phones, runs to the floor to check item availability, directs members to product and service locations. Enlists assistance for member loading or shopping. Responds helpfully to member concerns, secures manager assistance as necessary.
- Processes new memberships and membership maintenance. Keys membership information into computer, keeps logs and paperwork, obtains supervisor approvals when necessary. Follows departmental procedures for paperwork and performance of duties.
- Follows all safety and security procedures. Verifies identity, business information for memberships.
- Collects membership fees as keyed to computer by cheque, cash or debit card. Issues receipts.
- Issues membership cards using computer, camera and automated card printer. Issues temporary cards by researching membership information in computer and hand writing card. Issues employee name badges.
- Keys credit applications; confidentiality, access and discretion.
- Assists at refund counter or with marketing as necessary. Cleans department, stocks forms and cleans and supplies printers.
- Assists in other areas of the Warehouse as necessary.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Certifications
Education / Training: GCSE standard or equivalent preferred
Licences / Certification: Driver with own vehicle and business insurance
Experience: Costco experience preferred.
Knowledge / Skills: Customer Service skills preferred.
We have both full time (40 hours) and part-time (24 hours) vacancies available. You should be flexible with regards to working between the hours 7am and 10pm.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
All Job offers are made subject to a Substance misuse test and a background check.
All Job offers are subject to a 90-day probationary period.
If you would like to join a team where the employees are the best in the Wholesale industry then please press apply now to be considered for the Marketing/Membership Service Assistant role.
Product Availability by Store Location