Salary: £12.55 per hour
Apply before: Wednesday, 3 November 2021
Costco offer great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work! We are currently looking for a full time Butcher to join our Reading warehouse. In return we can offer competitive salary package of £12.55 per hour plus personal and career growth, a friendly and supportive work environment and great benefits including life insurance, optical and dental benefit, pension plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
Costco is a multi-billion-dollar global membership warehouse club, with warehouses in eight countries. We are the recognised leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
The Butcher will be responsible for cutting, trimming and preparing raw meat for sale using saws, knifes, grinder and tenderizer.
The Butcher's duties will include:
- Inspects and reassembles equipment sanitized previous night
- Reworks display case to assess daily production needs and rotates product
- Brings cases of meat, up to 80lbs, from cooler and empties contents onto meat cutting or other preparation area
- Operates meat grinder. Dumps meat into top of machine and checks fat content of each batch from grinder. Follows proper department production procedures and standards for quality and consistency of finished product.
- Transfers cut and ground meat to styro trays. Loads styro trays onto large plastic tray and transfers to large wheeled rack of wrappers. Assists with wrapping. Assists with stocking meat case according to Meat Manager's plan for product presentation and merchandising.
- Cleans and sanitizes area throughout the day
- Performs duties to comply with health code, such as sanitation standards and maintaining proper temperatures
- Performs routine maintenance for machinery, equipment and implements
- Provides and ensures prompt and courteous member service
The successful Butcher will have:
- Meat cutting experience preferred
- Service orientated - experienced in 'going the extra mile'
- Basic Food Hygiene
We are an equal opportunities employer. All Job offers are made subject to a Substance misuse test and a background check.
All Job offers are subject to a 90-day probationary period.
If you would like to join a team where the employees are the best in the Wholesale industry, then please press apply now.
Product Availability by Store Location